July 16, 2011

197/365: unconditional love

The day started with fun plans for a pool party, a pool playdate followed by a visit with Mimi & Pop on the beach and then trying an outdoor dinner at a new restaurant...it started with smiles and hugs, but it quickly turned into threats, power struggles, frustration, and lots of talk of consequences and time-outs! No doubt, we are going through a rocky patch right now! I am amazed at how Sam can manage to keep up these behaviors from 6:30am until 7pm, without a nap and without much reprieve for mommy and daddy...I am also amazed at how my absolute frustration still results in me thinking and sharing his sweet stories once he is asleep and staring lovingly at him sleeping soundly in his bed. No one can stress me out in the ways that Sam can and aside from Luke, there is no one I love as deeply and with my entire being! He is my child and my world...thank goodness for unconditional love