July 21, 2011

202/365: neighborhood get-togethers

So I planned for weeks to host the neighborhood girls night at my house tonight. All but one person could attend so it was looking like about 10 ladies to enjoy the deck or pool tonight and to just chat and relax. Since Sam is about the same age as most families youngest child, it is fun for me to hear all about the sports teams and school programs and everything that I will be planning for in the years to come. I even asked everyone to bring a couple canned good for the JFS food pantry thinking it would be nice to "give back"  one neighborhood at a time. Unfortunately, one by one, I started to get e-mails that kids were under the weather, husbands were working late and before I knew, 2 ladies were coming! I had bought so much food and picked up fun drinks...it might have been a smaller gathering than I planned for, but it was nice to chat just the same! Thank goodness for neighborhood get-togethers.