August 6, 2011

218/365: 4-yr-old Sam-I-Am (& his Seuss-y sidekick)

Four years ago at 5:04 p.m. in the middle of an extreme heat wave, our sweet Sam-I-Am was born! I can still close my eyes and replay each moment in my head from my water breaking to contractions getting closer and finally my doctor asking me for my boy & girl names so when baby was born, the doctor announced, "It's a SAM!!" I will never forget those first hours, days, months with our sweet baby boy and with each moment since, we are blessed to have such a sweet, smart and special little guy in our life! Today was Sam's Green Eggs & Ham shindig at Denny's complete with a loony juggler, actual green eggs and a masterpiece cake! Sam had such a great day celebrating, Dr. Seuss style and nothing makes us happier than seeing those handsome dimples! Thank goodness for our 4 year old Sam-I-Am (and his Seuss-y sidekick!